- Depression glass was mass produced. It will have tiny flaws, like protruding seams or bubbles or little wrinkles.
- Elegant glass was partially made by hand. Makers used better quality glass and finished it better.
- Pieces with ground base rims are elegant glass.
- Pieces with pretty designs that are raised are probably depression glass.
- Glass that is etched - where the design is into the surface - is elegant glass.
We've covered some useful tips to tell depression glass from elegant glass. Let's review: